Riga City Race
- Event is organised by Latvian Orienteering Federation and in co-operation with Riga municipality Education, Culture and Sports Department
- Event director – Matīss Ratnieks, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone.nr +371 202522822
- Course setter: Alvis Reinsons, epasts: email@example.com , tel.nr. +371 26751355
2nd September 2017, Saturday, from 13:00 invidiual sprint. Competition center – culture center “Rītausma” (Kandavas iela 27). Scheme: here
- From 12:00 opened registration
- From 13:00 start in individual distance
- 15:00 or earlier – prize giving
Competition area: here
MW 12,14,16,21,35,45,55, OPEN1, OPEN2
OPEN1 – technically easy and short course
OPEN2 – average complexity and length course.
Course length calculated from the optimal route avoiding uncrossable obstacles.
|Class||Length (km)||KP||Class||Length (km)||KP|
SportIdent will be used.Competitors will be able to hire SI card for 1 EUR.
One minute interval start is used on both days.
There will be 2 minute prestart on both days.
Control descriptions will be given at the registration.
-2 minutes Participant punches CLEAR and CHECK SI stations and enters starting corridor
-1 minutes Participant approaches map boxes and chooses according to his class
0 minute Participant grabs a map and starts the race
*OPEN classes start in freely chosen time
|Entry deadline||MW21||MW35-55, OPEN||MW12-16|
|Till 20.08.||7 €||6 €||4 €|
|Till 28.08||8 €||7 €||5 €|
|Till competition day||14 €||12 €||9 €|
Till 28.08., using ONLINE entry form.
Applications to vacant places with higher entry fee send to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry fee has to be transferred to Latvian Orienteering federation bank account or have to be paid in cash in competition center
LATVIJAS ORIENTĒŠANĀS FEDERĀCIJA
SWIFT: RIKO LV 2X
Adress: Grostonas iela 6b, Rīga, LV-1013, Latvija
If bill is required, write to email@example.com
1st – 3rd places in each class with sweet prizes.
Closed area: here
Below shown area in scheme is forbidden for orienteering trainings and especially for getting known to area. Please take in consideration fair play rules!
Map and terrain
Dzirciems R, map maker: A. Reinsons. M 1:5000, h 2.5m
Dzirciems R, map maker: A. Reinsons. M 1:5000, h 2,5 m. Map made during the summer of 2017 according to ISSOM 2007.
Competitors have to use the crossing points as shown in the map (708. symbol according to ISSOM 2007). There are 3 crossing points in overall. Between two of them there is construction going on (709 – out-of-bonds area), which cannot be crossed (otherwise competitor will be disqualified). Competitors must be extra careful at these places – beware of the cars and trams (tram is passing by ~2 times per hour)! The mentioned places are shown in the following pictures.
- Every adult competitor is responsible for his own health status which has to be confirmed by signature in application when registering in competition center
- Persons younger than 18 have to have signature from their trainer or one of parents
- Additional information: http:/facebook.com/rigacityrace
- Competition takes place according to LOF OS sprinta rules and ISSOM 2007 specification – competitors can be disqualified for crossing forbidden areas that are marked in map as uncrossable.
- Competition takes place with interval start